Gregory W. Hurd
Gregory is a licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer. He graduated from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois in 1984 with an Associate Degree in Mortuary Science.
Greg worked for the State of Illinois as a Correctional Officer, working at Hill Correctional Center, Galesburg, IL and Corrections Training Academy, Springfield, IL.
Greg and his wife Margaret then purchased the Weber Funeral Home in Chillicothe, IL since April of 2000. Greg and his wife have owned and operated the funeral home since then.
They are members or involved in:
- Peoria Area Chamber of Commerce
- Peoria Chamber Business After Hours
- Pack the Place
- Creve Coeur Club of Peoria
- Chillicothe Chamber of Commerce
- Claude Ellen Days
- Chillicothe Corn Fest
- Chillicothe Business After Hours
- Chillicothe Relay for Life
Greg is involved in:
- Chillicothe Rotary
- Chillicothe Optimist Club
- IVC Kiwanis Club
- IVC School Foundation
- Chillicothe Lions Club
- George Washington Masonic Lodge
- Mohammed Shriners Bartonville
- Valley of Peoria Scottish Rite
Margaret is involved in:
- Altrusa Club
- Chillicothe Sanitation Board
- Chillicothe City Board of Appeals
- Pearce Community Foundation Board
Greg is also has been a member of the fire service service for more than 25 years. He has been a member of the Chillicothe Fire Department for the past 10 years. He currently is the Chief Training Officer with duties that consists of training, grants, reports and investigations. On the fire ground he is a sector chief along with the other chiefs.